Thursday, March 26, 2009

 

A-Hunting we will go . . .





Continuing with this 'RAF Germany' kick, I've made a start on a 1/48th model of an early Hawker Hunter F.4. I'm using Academy's Hunter F.6 kit, which is a real 'curate's egg' - i.e. good in parts. The general quality of the kit is really very good, but it has some inaccuracies:
and although the rest of the kit is well-engineered, the design of the wing root/intake trunking area is a nightmare.

To overcome these issues, I used Aeroclub's excellent correction set, which offers solutions to the cockpit and undercarriage problems, and a bit of good old-fashioned kitbashing to wrestle the wing/fuselage join into submission. The tail surfaces and the wing leading edges were corrected using a razor saw and the 'Mk.I Eyeball'.

Among other online references I found this site very helpful.

More later - keep bashing the plastic!

Kitbasher.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?